Thema:
Re:interessant dazu auch das hier: flat
Autor: Chris B
Datum:29.10.17 15:10
Antwort auf:interessant dazu auch das hier: von Nitschi

>[https://plus.google.com/+supercurioFrancoisSimond/posts/8feW5GMgGgt]
>
>von François Simond (Developer & Analyst. Software: Android / Kotlin / Rust. Acoustics: Tuning & DSP processing. Display tech & color calibration)
>
>(...)
>"Google marketing has been presenting Pixel 2 XL as "accurate/natural sRGB" and it you take the claim for granted, it is easy to blame sRGB and color management for all the issues. Why not scrap it all, right - it looks arguably worse than nothing at all, nobody so far likes the result.
>
>Thing is,
>Google's claims of color accuracy have not been verified.
>Erica Griffin measured (using software I made - I can vouch on the precision of her analysis) her Pixel 2 XL displays and saw that they are not correctly calibrated to sRGB.
>In fact the red primary in her units is lacking in intensity and their hue is too orange/yellow. Only from measurements, you can predict that red will be kind of muted and orange, and that a lot of things will kind of look brown.
>Including known icons and worse: faces. And humans are extremely sensitive to skin tones. We can tell right away.
>Also she mentioned that the gamma curve is darker than it should, which will compromise the result further.
>
>You know, if the problem was sRGB and color management, then reviewers and owners would have complained the same about iPhone displays since the iPhone 7, up to the iPhone X which also uses a calibrated & color managed OLED panel.
>Here, something went wrong with the factory calibration process in LG's factories and that is the cause of the color issues.
>I don't have enough data on the the smaller Pixel to comment, what do you think?"

Uff. Was erlaube Google. Unschön, bei einem Gerät welches im Premium-Bereich positioniert wird. Aber ist wohl leider wie immer, nach den ersten zwei, drei Updates fängt es dann an, Spaß zu machen.

>
>--
>gesendet mit M!client für iOS

----------------------
Gesendet mit M! v.2.6.5

< antworten >