Thema:
interessant dazu auch das hier: flat
Autor: Nitschi
Datum:29.10.17 08:32
Antwort auf:Google​ meldet sich zu Wort von Orochi

[https://plus.google.com/+supercurioFrancoisSimond/posts/8feW5GMgGgt]

von François Simond (Developer & Analyst. Software: Android / Kotlin / Rust. Acoustics: Tuning & DSP processing. Display tech & color calibration)

(...)
"Google marketing has been presenting Pixel 2 XL as "accurate/natural sRGB" and it you take the claim for granted, it is easy to blame sRGB and color management for all the issues. Why not scrap it all, right - it looks arguably worse than nothing at all, nobody so far likes the result.

Thing is,
Google's claims of color accuracy have not been verified.
Erica Griffin measured (using software I made - I can vouch on the precision of her analysis) her Pixel 2 XL displays and saw that they are not correctly calibrated to sRGB.
In fact the red primary in her units is lacking in intensity and their hue is too orange/yellow. Only from measurements, you can predict that red will be kind of muted and orange, and that a lot of things will kind of look brown.
Including known icons and worse: faces. And humans are extremely sensitive to skin tones. We can tell right away.
Also she mentioned that the gamma curve is darker than it should, which will compromise the result further.

You know, if the problem was sRGB and color management, then reviewers and owners would have complained the same about iPhone displays since the iPhone 7, up to the iPhone X which also uses a calibrated & color managed OLED panel.
Here, something went wrong with the factory calibration process in LG's factories and that is the cause of the color issues.
I don't have enough data on the the smaller Pixel to comment, what do you think?"

--
gesendet mit M!client für iOS

< antworten >