Thema:
Verstörender Artikel über die Arbeitsbedingungen flat
Autor: gameflow
Datum:03.05.19 08:03
Antwort auf:Mortal Kombat XI von Pfroebbel

Durch ResetEra bin ich auf diesen zutiefst verstörenden Artikel über die Arbeitsbedingungen bei NetherRealm aufmerksam geworden.
[https://www.usgamer.net/articles/netherrealm-studios-crunch-mortal-kombat-injustice-2-contract]

Hier mal ein paar Auszüge...

Freie Mitarbeiter:
Our sources confirmed they worked for $12 an hour while working contract at NetherRealm. For context, the minimum wage in Chicago is currently $12 an hour, but only after a minimum wage hike that took effect on July 2018. Multiple sources also told USG that NetherRealm would offer $11 per hour wages for the art team.

"It was the first time any of us were working on a triple-A game," said a former contractor who spoke with USG. "We all had hopes of getting hired after our contract were up," said another former contractor. "Spoilers: none of us got hired immediately after our contracts were up."

"Some of those Fatality sequences you love are from temp workers," revealed one source. "NetherRealm will send out an email early in production to get people to submit ideas for fatalities. Of course, they invite the temp workers because they can just give away an awesome idea without having to pay them extra for it.

Crunch:
"I worked about 220-plus hours during a month last year, back-to-back-to-back weeks of overtime," said one source. "[Everyone] knew it'd come again for updates and DLC, it was almost endless."

"We all relied on crunch just to get that extra income," said another. "We'd be there all day, we'd hardly see the sunlight sometimes, you'll be going home really late and that can be kind of dangerous depending on where you live in the city.

Der Injustice Leak Vorfall:
"That CEO leak meeting was scary," said one source present about the meeting. "We were unfairly blamed, almost dragged out of our chairs for an 'immediate meeting to discuss NDA issues.' His tone was absolutely unprofessional." Another source called the meeting "demoralizing."

"It was just awful. I felt like we were just corralled into a room to be screamed at," said another source present at the meeting. "It was disturbing. People were upset and crying and I was really shocked that it happened."

< antworten >