Thema:
Hast du dich mal mit der Vision Pro auseinandergesetzt? flat
Autor: Kilian
Datum:28.09.23 14:17
Antwort auf:Re:Glassholes again? von token

>Der Ausblick in die Zukunft für proof of concept ist dann eher Quest 3, die vollwertiges Mixed Reality inklusive Handtracking beherrscht.

Da dürfte Apple mit der Vision Pro aber ein paar Schritte weiter sein. Die hat ja ein sehr fortgeschrittenes (und tatsächlich auch funktionierendes) Handtracking, einen Regler zum stufenlosen Einstellen zwischen VR und MR etc., siehe bspw.:

It’s a really really nice VR headset with impressive displays and video passthrough. And I mean incredibly impressive displays and video passthrough: I was happily using my phone to take notes while wearing the Vision Pro, something no other headset can realistically allow. (...)

The Digital Crown is on the right; clicking it brings up the home screen of app icons, while turning it changes the level of VR immersion in certain modes. I asked why anyone would want to set the immersion level anywhere other than all-on or all-off, and it appears Apple is thinking of the middle immersion setting as a sort of adjustable desktop workspace for apps while leaving the sides open for you to talk to your colleagues. (...)

The display itself is absolutely bonkers: a 4K display for each eye, with pixels just 23 microns in size. In the short time I tried it, it was totally workable for reading text in Safari, looking at photos, and watching movies. It is easily the highest-resolution VR display I have ever seen. (...)

The video passthrough was similarly impressive. It appeared with zero latency and was sharp, crisp, and clear. I happily talked to others, walked around the room, and even took notes on my phone while wearing the headset — something I would never be able to do with something like the Meta Quest Pro. (...)

Similarly, Apple’s ability to do mixed reality is seriously impressive. At one point in a full VR Avatar demo I raised my hands to gesture at something, and the headset automatically detected my hands and overlaid them on the screen, then noticed I was talking to someone and had them appear as well. Reader, I gasped. (...)

Apple has clearly solved a bunch of big hardware interaction problems with VR headsets, mostly by out-engineering and out-spending everyone else that’s tried. (...)

Apple can clearly outpace everyone in the industry when it comes to hardware, especially when cost is apparently no object. But the most perfect headset demo reel of all time is still just a headset demo reel — whether Apple’s famed developer community can generate a killer app for the Vision Pro is still up in the air.

[http://www.theverge.com/2023/6/5/23750003/apple-vision-pro-hands-on-the-best-headset-demo-ever]

Oder noch ausführlicher und mit vielen interessanten Details (s. Link):

I’m going to be direct with this story. My 30-minute demo with Vision Pro last week was the most mind-blowing moment of my 14-year career covering Apple and technology. I left the demo speechless, and it took me a few days to articulate how it felt. How I felt.

It’s not just that I was impressed by it, because obviously I was. It’s that, quite simply, I was part of the future for 30 minutes – I was in it – and then I had to take it off. And once you get a taste of the future, going back to the present feels ... incomplete.

I spent 30 minutes on the verge of the future. I have a few moments I want to relive:

[http://www.macstories.net/stories/apple-vision-pro-a-watershed-moment/]

< antworten >