Thema:
Danke! flat
Autor: Flöhchen
Datum:19.05.21 17:37
Antwort auf:Bugle-Designer: Bedruckte Steine = Platzproblem für Lego von Pezking

>Fand ich ganz interessant, da ich die zynische Interpretation des Helden in Sachen Aufkleber noch nie allzu überzeugend fand:
>
>"The limiting factor, isn't pure finance, it's is the same one you have at home. Space. After a while you run out of places to put your LEGO.
>
>Think of each factory having a limited amount of space (I won't go into why it's limited, read 'Brick by Brick' by David C. Robertson if you want to know what happens when LEGO didn't have limits).
>
>Every brick made, in each colour has to go into it's own box. This box needs to be stored until it's ready to be packed into the bags in the retail boxes you buy.
>
>So there are thousands of boxes. Each year some bricks stop being made and this leaves empty boxes we can fill with new bricks (or new colours of bricks at least). So each team of Designers is given a number of boxes it has the chance to fill.
>
>So let's say you want some new minifigure legs. First you mold the hips, and fill a box, then a left leg - fill a box, a right leg - fill a box. Then you stick all those parts together and fill another box in the factory. Then if we print the legs it's yet another box.
>
>But consider, if we don't print the legs then, after four non-printed legs we have saved four boxes and this means we could make a whole extra set of legs. This might mean we have a whole new character we can make.
>Or alternatively the set designer can change the colour of a brick to fill that single saved 'box' in the factory, or print an element.
>
>A lot of people wish we printed every part we sticker, but consider this in terms of 'boxes' A sticker sheet is one box, but each printed part is the box without the print, and another box after it is printed. It could take dozens of boxes to replace a single sticker sheet box.
>
>Of course this is hugely simplified, there is also a limit to how many molding machines there are and how much time we can use to change the molds in these machines and a million other tiny issues which I'm glad I don't have to deal with, that limit the number of 'boxes' available.
>
>I hope that makes sense, I'm pretty sure I heard our old Vice President explain it a bit like this at a fan event once, so I hope it does."

>
>[https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/nej936/im_mark_stafford_senior_lego_designer_the_daily/]

Gut finde ich das natürlich trotzdem nicht, aber schon interessant :)

< antworten >