Thema:
Kommentar der BBC zu Joes ersten 100 Tagen im Amt flat
Autor: Kilian
Datum:28.04.21 12:00
Antwort auf:US-Politik Part XIV - Mighty Uncle Joe von Kilian

As I remarked, perhaps unwisely, to an audience the other night, the transition from Trump to Joe Biden has been like going from a daily crack pipe to a small bottle of low-alcohol beer once a week. The daily White House briefings now are a snoozefest. There are no fights, no name-calling. (…)

So does all this mean it's been a boring presidency? Absolutely not. This is a far more interesting presidency - so far - than I think any of us had imagined. I would go as far as to say it's fascinating. (…)

One insight that Biden has borrowed from his time as vice-president to America's first African-American president, is do not let a good crisis go to waste. The urgency of the pandemic has given Biden the excuse he needed to push for a massive plan. And he got it through. (…)

The taunt of Donald Tr*** during the campaign was that Biden may have been in politics for over four decades, but what did he have to show for it. It looks like in power he is trying to give a mighty clear answer to that question - even if it doesn't make for great theatre.

Der komplette Kommentar:

[http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56903805]

< antworten >