Thema:
Re:Moment... flat
Autor: Fritz Schober
Datum:28.03.21 14:11
Antwort auf:Moment... von Pezking

>Ich erkenne da auf Anhieb nirgends irgendwelche Ergebnisse von ernsthaften Recherchen, die diese Anschuldigungen als Lügen entlarven. Und das verstehe ich normalerweise unter einem "Fact Check".

Dann hast Du nicht gelesen.
[https://cdn.substack.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Ffcaed56e-cd32-46c8-aa93-509607bbb447_664x270.png]
Three problems here:
- Proof of even past ownership/partnership was never established
- The emerald deposit, if real, apparently stopped producing some 30 years prior
- Father and son are famously estranged, and have been for decades

Zudem:

- The supposed deposit was in Zambia, which at the time of the deal was already some 20 years removed from British rule. (The ruling party of that era, UNIP, was also a ringleader of regional anti-apartheid / anti-colonialist activity.)

- Despite the voluminous number of tweets you can find referencing “blood emeralds” + “Musk”, Zambia was not a conflict gem country.

Und der Vorwurf war ja dass Elon mit goldenen Löffel im Mund vom Reichtum des Vaters anfing. Reichtum durch koloniale Ausbeutung. Nur dass der Vater nicht wirklich reich war, keine Kolonialminen betrieb und Elon und sein Vater schon früh getrennte Wege gingen.

- Per Errol’s report to Elon’s family office, total lifetime profits of his stake came to ~$400k USD (in 2021 dollars), representing a total return of a bit over 2x his total investment. (Though Errol also quoted a lower number to me over the phone. He also claims that he was getting emeralds from other sources, with only 60-70% coming from this venture. As there are no ledgers to consult, there’s no easy way to adjudicate any of this. Though I take him at his word that he did get some emeralds from various sources, and that he sold some of them as a side hustle to generate a modest amount of off-books cash as a sort of adventure hobby.)

- While any income thereof might have been timely (Errol’s other businesses began collapsing in the late 80s as the economy tanked), it wouldn’t have been a substantial part of his career earnings. And anyway his idea of wealth was mostly lifestyle maintenance, with said wealth steadily dwindling over his children’s teen years, eventually ending in his bankruptcy in the 2000s. (Elon and Kimbal have been financially supporting him and his dependents since.)

Elons college roommate Adeo Ressi bestätigt auch dass Elon in der College Zeit bettelarm war und sich seine Möbel aus Sperrmüll gebastelt hat.

"I charged in to Elon’s room, and saw him working at the desk, which was now spray painted black. Using a wide variety of expletives, I asked what he was doing, to which he responded, “I needed a desk, and I could not afford one. A desk is a desk."

Most of the furniture in our house was found, built or salvaged. It was not uncommon for us to keep beer kegs and re-use them as furniture."

Ja, sehr typisches Verhalten eines Millionärssöhnchens mit Taschen voller Blutgeld.

< antworten >