Thema:
How Trump is destroying the civil service.... flat
Autor: Lukulus
Datum:10.08.20 14:27
Antwort auf:US-Politik Part IX - The social contract is flawed von Headhunter

[https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/04/how-to-destroy-a-government/606793/]

Wer schlechte Laune will... Oder gerade an einem Buffet steht und mehr essen möchte.
Langer Text, eigentlich nichts neues, fasst aber nochmal gut zusammen warum Trump so ein Arschloch und gefährlich ist.

"One day in May 2018, Newland went into the lunchroom carrying a printout of a White House press release titled “What You Need to Know About the Violent Animals of MS-13.” At a meeting about Central American gangs a few days earlier, Trump had used the word animals to describe undocumented immigrants, and in the face of criticism the White House was digging in. Animals appeared 10 times in the short statement. Newland wanted to know what her colleagues thought about it.

Eight or so lawyers were sitting around a table. They were all career people—the politicals hadn’t come to lunch yet. Newland handed the printout to one of them, who handed it right back, as if he didn’t want to be seen with it. She put the paper faceup on the table, and another lawyer turned it over, as if to protect Newland: “That way, if Steve walks in …”

Newland turned it over again. “It’s a White House press release and I’m happy to explain why it bothers me.” The conversation quickly became awkward, and then muted. Colleagues who had shared Newland’s dismay in private now remained silent. It was the last time she joined them in the lunchroom. "

"... without irony, as a way of reminding everyone, “We work for the president.” He said it once to Newland, and when she gave him a look he added, “I know that’s what the Nazis said, but we’re not Nazis.”

“The president has said that some of them are very fine people,” Newland reminded him.

“Attorney General Sessions never said that,” the supervisor replied. “Steve never said that, and I’ve never said that. We’re not Nazis.” That she could still have such an exchange with a supervisor seemed in itself like a reason not to leave. "
----------------------
Gesendet mit M! v.2.7.0

< antworten >