Thema:
Re:Wir sind hier in Deutschland. flat
Autor: Pezking
Datum:27.07.20 13:01
Antwort auf:Re:Wir sind hier in Deutschland. von Rand al'Thor

>>
>>Stets geht es darum, anderen die Schuld dafür zu geben, wenn man selbst durch asoziales Verhalten in der Öffentlichkeit unter die Räder kommt. Als wäre man ein unbescholtenes Opfer zerstörerischer Kulturkriegstreiber - wenn man im Angesicht einer BLM-Demo das White-Power-Handzeichen rockt und dabei fotografiert wird?!? O_o
>>
>Aber es ist doch lächerlich das Okay-Zeichen als White-Power-Zeichen umzudeuten.

Nein, ist es leider nicht.

>Und es war auch keine BLM-Demo in der Nähe:
>
>"What happened to Emmanuel Cafferty is an especially egregious example. At the end of a long shift mapping underground utility lines, he was on his way home, his left hand casually hanging out the window of the white pickup truck issued to him by the San Diego Gas & Electric company. When he came to a halt at a traffic light, another driver flipped him off.
>
>Then, Cafferty told me a few days ago, the other driver began to act even more strangely. He flashed what looked to Cafferty like an “okay” hand gesture and started cussing him out. When the light turned green, Cafferty drove off, hoping to put an end to the disconcerting encounter.
>
>But when Cafferty reached another red light, the man, now holding a cellphone camera, was there again. “Do it! Do it!” he shouted. Unsure what to do, Cafferty copied the gesture the other driver kept making. The man appeared to take a video, or perhaps a photo.
>
>
>Two hours later, Cafferty got a call from his supervisor, who told him that somebody had seen Cafferty making a white-supremacist hand gesture, and had posted photographic evidence on Twitter. (Likely unbeknownst to most Americans, the alt-right has appropriated a version of the “okay” symbol for their own purposes because it looks like the initials for “white power”; this is the symbol the man accused Cafferty of making when his hand was dangling out of his truck.) Dozens of people were now calling the company to demand Cafferty’s dismissal.
>
>By the end of the call, Cafferty had been suspended without pay. By the end of the day, his colleagues had come by his house to pick up the company truck. By the following Monday, he was out of a job."
>...
>"On his father’s side, he has both Irish and Mexican ancestors. His mother is Latina. “If I was a white supremacist,” he told me, “I would literally have to hate 75 percent of myself.” "
>
>[https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/stop-firing-innocent/613615/]

Weird. Insbesondere auch seitens des Arbeitgebers, wenn diese Darstellung hier zutrifft. Was sagt der denn jetzt?

Generell darf sich niemand für sein Handeln hinter irgendeinem Internet-Mob verstecken. So ein Mob ist nie allmächtig und erst recht nicht allwissend. So zu tun, als wären einem deshalb die Hände gebunden, kommt mir immer latent feige vor.

>>Und dass die meisten Arbeitgeber die öffentliche Zurschaustellung von Rassismus als PR-Katastrophe und Dealbreaker für ein Angestelltenverhältnis erachten, ist zweifellos ein gesunder Umstand.
>
>Also ich finde eher, dass das Unternehmen komplett überreagiert hat statt sich seine Version der Geschichte anzuhören.

Das kann gut sein. Aber dann hat das Unternehmen scheiße gebaut, und nicht irgendeine ominöse linke "Cancel Culture".

< antworten >