Thema:
Re:Brie Larson flat
Autor: Pezking
Datum:11.03.19 23:11
Antwort auf:Re:Brie Larson von laubkerl

>Das hohle Getrolle hat sie in diesem speziellen Fall auschließlich selber zu verantworten. Wer haarsträubenden Bullshit in Intervies von sich gibt, der darf sich über Gegenwind nicht wundern.

Ich will hier gar nicht diskutieren. Ich verweise nur auf die Originalquellen (und damit auch die vollständigen Zitate), damit sich jeder selbst ein Bild von dem "Bullshit" machen und entscheiden kann, was er davon hält. Und das Ganze nicht nur von irgendwelchen YouTubern "erklärt" bekommt.

Primär ziehen sich die Larson-Hater ja an zwei Statements hoch:

1.) Juni 2018

The Oscar award-winning actress advocated for more diversity during a speech given at Wednesday night’s Women in Film Crystal + Lucy Awards in Los Angeles by citing data from USC’s Annenberg Inclusion Initiative. According to the study, in 2017, only 2.5% of top critics were women of color, while 80% of film critics who reviewed the year’s top box-office movies were male. To highlight her point, Larson referenced A Wrinkle in Time‘s critical reception.

“I don’t need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work about A Wrinkle in Time,” Larson said. “It wasn’t made for him! I want to know what it meant to women of color, biracial women, to teen women of color.”

Larson elaborated on this point, saying that it wasn’t about excluding white men, but including those who have historically been marginalized.

“Am I saying I hate white dudes? No, I am not. What I am saying is if you make a movie that is a love letter to women of color, there is an insanely low chance a woman of color will have a chance to see your movie, and review your movie.”

[http://time.com/5312618/brie-larson-women-in-film/]

2.) Februar 2019

“About a year ago, I started paying attention to what my press days looked like and the critics reviewing movies, and noticed 
it appeared to be overwhelmingly white male,” Larson said when asked about her reasons for choosing Brown as her interviewer. “So, I spoke to 
Dr. Stacy Smith at the USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative, who put together a study to confirm that. Moving forward, I decided to make sure my press days were more inclusive. After speaking with you, the film critic Valerie Complex and a few other women of color, it sounded like across the board they weren’t getting the same opportunities as others. When I talked to the facilities that weren’t providing it, they all had different excuses.”

[https://www.indiewire.com/2019/02/brie-larson-minority-journalists-inclusive-captain-marvel-press-tour-1202043142/]

Letzteres präzisierte sie wenige Tage später sogar noch einmal:

"What I’m looking for is to bring more seats up to the table. No one is getting their chair taken away. There’s not less seats at the table, there’s just more seats at the table," she explained.

[https://www.comicbookmovie.com/captain_marvel/brie-larson-clarifies-her-comments-about-making-the-captain-marvel-press-tour-more-inclusive-a166651]

Mehr sage ich hier dazu nicht mehr. Wenn jemand diese Aussagen als Attacke, Eklat oder irgendwie boykottwürdig erachtet, kann ich daran nichts ändern.

< antworten >