Thema:
Re:VW sichert Akkus für 50 Millionen Elektroautos lt. Diess flat
Autor: EBlues2000
Datum:13.11.18 17:10
Antwort auf:VW sichert Akkus für 50 Millionen Elektroautos lt. Diess von FS

In demselben Interview stehen auch noch ein paar andere interessante Sachen drin:

- Thema Lizenzierung des MEB an andere Autofirmen:

"Is VW interested in sharing its MEB electric platform with other automakers?

Currently, we are really stretched because we need all the battery cells, and all the sourcing done, so we are stretched. But our joint ventures in China are using the MEB toolkit. I would say we are open [to licensing MEB], yes."

... und weiter unten:

"So I think in the future it doesn't make sense to have hundreds of different electric drivetrains because the differentiation of electric drivetrains is not as much anymore as it was with the combustion engine.

So it will be more about the economies of scale. Still, the battery pack, for the foreseeable future, will be more expensive than a combustion powertrain. So I think it makes a lot of sense to make more volume and generate economies of scale."

Das ist wirklich sehr spannend. Skaleneffekte bei der Massenfertigung mitzunehmen scheint mir logisch zu sein. Und die Plattform für andere zu lizenzieren finde ich sehr vorausschauend. Die Internetbranche macht ja gerade vor, dass v.a. die Plattformanbieter am Ende die Gewinner sind. Vielleicht kommen die hohen Stückzahlen, die hier kolportiert wurden, auch zum Teil daher

- Zum Thema Ende des SUV-Booms:

"But in the past five months, SUVs have stagnated and sedans are coming back. Also, if you foresee electric cars coming, the big SUVs have a disadvantage because of their relatively high fuel consumption, which would require huge batteries. So to make big SUVs viable in the electric world is complicated. So if you have 50 km or 50 miles more range on a sedan, you might consider a sedan again."

Das würde mich wirklich sehr freuen :-). Ich finde, dass die SUVs für 99% der Käufer nicht notwendig sind. Und auch nicht in unsere Zeit passen, in der das Ende der natürlichen Ressourcen immer klarer ersichtlich werden.

< antworten >