Thema:
Verkauf steht an, Fairfax Financial, 4.7 Mrd. $ *UPDATE* flat
Autor: Rjinswand
Datum:23.09.13 19:47
Antwort auf:BlackBerry-Thread | BBM (Android, BB, iOS) von Rjinswand

Fairfax Financial, ein kanadisches Unternehmen, bietet mit kleineren Partnern 4.7 Mrd. $.
BB BOD hat zugestimmt.

[http://crackberry.com/fairfax-financial-consortium-agrees-purchase-blackberry-47-billion]

"Prem Watsa, Chairman and CEO of Fairfax, said: "We believe this transaction will open an exciting new private chapter for BlackBerry, its customers, carriers and employees. We can deliver immediate value to shareholders, while we continue the execution of a long-term strategy in a private company with a focus on delivering superior and secure enterprise solutions to BlackBerry customers around the world"

Wenn ich es richtig sehe, würde der ständige Druck, ständig Zahlen und Strategien bekanntzugeben wegfallen.

Bei Prem Watsa ist wohl eher nicht mit einer Zerschlagung oder reinen Patent-Verwertung zu rechnen. Er war eine Zeit lang im Verwaltungsrat und die Übernahme ist neben einer zuletzt spekulierten durch Mike Lazaridis und Partner wohl die beste Option, um das Unternehmen zu erhalten.

Edit: Das Agieren BBs in den letzten Monaten hat nun natürlich einen Beigeschmack: Wurde versucht, den Aktienpreis möglichst weit zu senken, um dem guten Bekannten und zugleich künftigen Käufer eine möglichst günstige Übernahme zu ermöglichen?

*UPDATE*
"Mr Watsa said Fairfax was not buying BlackBerry to break it apart.
"Rest assured when we do this it won't be done to split the company," he said. "I mean one of the reasons I went on the board, and I said it publicly, was to keep the company in Canada and to make sure it survives and exists in Canada. It is one of Canada's most successful companies. Companies do fall on hard times and they come back again and we expect this company to do the same."
Mr Watsa said BlackBerry needed to get out of the media glare that came with being public and work on a long term turnaround in private."
[http://uk.news.yahoo.com/blackberry-bid-wont-abandoned-023913231.html#5sp49dQ]

< antworten >