Thema:
Ich denke, der Schein trügt... flat
Autor: Kilian
Datum:25.01.21 18:14
Antwort auf:Ich denke das Schlimmste ist vorbei von 677220

Es ist viel zu früh (!) um sich zu entspannen und zu denken, dass wir über den Berg sind. Wir müssen Ruhe bewahren und noch eine Menge Geduld haben.

Der werte Herr Drosten befürchtet das auch:

Drosten: Once the elderly and maybe part of the risk groups have been vaccinated, there will be immense economic, social, political and perhaps also legal pressure to end the corona measures. And then, huge numbers of people will become infected within just a short amount of time, more than we can even imagine at the moment. We won't have 20,000 or 30,000 new cases a day, but up to 100,000 in a worst-case scenario. It will, of course, be primarily younger people who are less likely than older people to have severe symptoms, but when a huge number of younger people get infected, then the intensive care units will fill up anyway and a lot of people will die. Just that it will be younger people. We can cushion this terrible scenario somewhat by pushing the numbers way down now.

DER SPIEGEL: Can we be confident that case numbers will begin to drop in spring as temperatures rise?

Drosten: I don't think so. The fact that we had such a relaxed summer in 2020 likely had to do with the fact that our case numbers remained below a critical threshold in the spring. But that's not the case any longer. I am afraid that it will be more like in Spain, where case numbers climbed rapidly again after the lockdown was lifted, even though it was quite hot. In South Africa, too, where it is currently summer, case numbers are at a high level.

Vollständiges Interview hier:

[http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/interview-with-virologist-christian-drosten-i-am-quite-apprehensive-about-what-might-otherwise-happen-in-spring-and-summer-a-f22c0495-5257-426e-bddc-c6082d6434d5]

(Die deutsche Version befindet sich leider hinter einer Paywall.)

Siehe auch dien bereits laufende Diskussion hier:

[https://www.maniac-forum.de/forum/pxmboard.php?mode=message&brdid=34&msgid=4864858]

< antworten >