Thema:
Continuity Serie > alte Filme? flat
Autor: WonderBoy
Datum:14.06.22 07:39
Antwort auf:Star Wars - Obi Wan (Disney+) von waldmeister

Ich fände Obi-wan Kenobi an sich gar nicht so schlecht, frage mich aber, ob die Eckpfeiler der Story, 1) Kiddie Leia + Obi-wan = BBF & 2) Vader vs. Obi-wan Duell, vom Anschluss an die alten Filme so überhaupt irgendwie Sinn ergeben.

1) Bisher war ich der Meinung, Leia hätte Obi-wan nie getroffen. Zitat Episode IV:

“General Kenobi: Years ago, you served my father in the Clone Wars; now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my father’s request to you in person; but my ship has fallen under attack and I’m afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed. I’ve placed information vital to the survival of the rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him on Alderaan. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi; you’re my only hope."

Klingt für mich nicht so, als würde sie Obi-wan kontaktieren, weil sie als Kind so tolle Space-Abenteuer mit ihm erlebt hat, sondern nur, weil ihr Vater große Stücke auf den Mann hält ...

"When Luke Skywalker flew off to save his friends and face Darth Vader in Star Wars' The Empire Strikes Back, Obi-Wan Kenobi noted that he was their last hope. Yoda cryptically responded, "No, there is another." While most fans, years later, would make careers out of writing possible futures for these characters, many sitting in the theaters at that time had no idea what that quote implied.
Now, fans know that the "other" in question meant Leia Organa. However, with the prequel films and countless more stories coming to life, Yoda's quote makes even less sense for a host of completely new reasons. Yoda replying to Obi-Wan as if he didn't know who the other "hope" was implies that neither were there to see the twins' birth in Revenge of the Sith, except that he and Yoda were in the delivery room."

Erneut, Obi-wan kennt Leia einfach nicht (gut, das Thema war ja schon zu Episode-3-Zeiten ein ziemliches Problem ...)

2) Bisher war ich der Meinung, Vader und Obi-wan treffen in Episode IV das erste Mal wieder aufeinander.

"When I left you I was but the learner, but now I am the master."

Sollte man doch so verstehen, dass er sich auf seine Niederlage auf Mustafa in Episode III bezieht, oder?

Sicher wurden diese Auffälligkeiten schon milliardenfach im Netz durchleuchtet und bewertet. Wie ist der Konsens? Obi-wan-Kenobi stimmig vom Anschluss her bisher oder eine einzige random storyline for the sake of the moment retcon bonanza?

WB(iVR/iMW)

< antworten >