Thema:
Old Henry (2021) - Western flat
Autor: brainkiller007
Datum:03.02.22 18:23

[https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12731980]

Geiler reduzierter Oldschool Western mit einem hevorragendem Tim Blake Nelson als abgeschieden lebenden Farmer, und einem prächtig aufgelegtem Badass Stephen Dorff in den Hauptrollen. Den Trailer würde ich nicht gucken, zeigt mit seinen 2,5 Minuten zu viel.
Erstaufführung war letztes Jahr auf dem Filmfestival in Venedig, wenig später kam der US Kino/Bluray Release, aber ein Datum für Deutschland gibt es bis jetzt nicht.

Reviews auf Letterboxd die mir gefielen:

-OLD HENRY is my kind of western: a brutal slice of throwback genre entertainment told with unforgiving gravitas. The under appreciated Tim Blake Nelson receives a showcase role worthy of his talents while Stephen Dorff sets himself up as a menacing & nasty villain. Polished & badass filmmaking.

-It’s nice to watch a movie that’s not trying to melt my brain or give me a heart attack for a change. Old Henry is just telling a fine western story in the simplest way possible. With the help of its great cast, likable characters and beautiful dialogue, it manages to pull it off.

< antworten >