Thema:
Eine Lanze für Emilia Clarke flat
Autor: Pezking
Datum:22.05.19 20:51
Antwort auf:Game of Thrones - Part 7 - Valar morghulis von Gadon

Ich habe hier ja auch gerne mal die schauspielerischen Fähigkeiten der jungen Dame kritisiert und war zuletzt sehr positiv überrascht, dass sie sich gegen Ende der Serie diesbezüglich ganz schön gemausert hat.

Nun, dass sie in der Serie zwischenzeitlich nicht die überzeugendsten Darstellungen abgeliefert hat, lag wohl auch an ihren beiden Hirnblutungen, die sie in den letzten Jahren erlitten hat.

In einem akutellen Interview für den New Yorker beschreibt sie das ziemlich offen und eindringlich. Wahrlich keine schöne Situation - diese Sorgen und so einen Stress wünscht man niemandem:

Concerning your medical trials: you had to perform during Seasons 2 and 3 in the aftermath of brain surgery each time. Can you describe that?

I just felt weak and consistently in this mode of “Please don’t fire me. Please, please don’t let me fuck this up. Please don’t let anyone have an opportunity to think I’m anything other than beyond capable of taking on this role.” Every day I would fight my own demons of thinking, You’re sick, you can’t do this. You’re tired, give in. Stop. I just bulldozed through. There were a couple of seasons where I just questioned everything and struggled through everything and felt a tremendous amount of guilt at not being able to fully inhabit this role of a lifetime that I was given when I had many friends who were still knocking on casting directors’ doors. It left me fatigued and exhausted and anxious and worried and fearful every day.

What was your worst day on the set?

The first couple of seasons we would film in hot countries a lot, and we would film in quarries and other places that were incredibly unforgiving with regards to heat. We had very long days, and I’m in this enormous wig over a bald cap glued on to my head. You’re paranoid you’re going to die all the time, because you’ve had two brain hemorrhages. I’d feel incredibly faint and want to pass out. I got headaches and thought I was dying. But I just didn’t ever say anything.

So a difficult day would be a long day with lots of people, lots of heat, and I was just trying not to cry, just trying not to pass out, trying not to think I was going to die. And, at the same time, deliver lines in Dothraki. And then turn up for dinner and say hi to the cast and try to keep friendships alive. That was really hard. I’m sure lots of people will read that and go, “You prissy child, that’s nothing, that’s nothing at all.” But it just felt incredibly dark and tricky when you kind of can’t be honest with the people around you and say, “I’m struggling a bit.”

[https://www.newyorker.com/culture/the-new-yorker-interview/daenerys-tells-all-game-of-thrones-finale-emilia-clarke-beyonce]

< antworten >