Thema:
Regisseur über Life und gegenwärtige Greenscreen Seuche flat
Autor: Knight
Datum:29.03.17 06:13
Antwort auf:Life - SciFi Survival im Alien Style von Telemesse

[http://www.slashfilm.com/life-director-daniel-espinosa-on-the-green-screen-disease-and-long-takes-interview/]

Because Life is so VFX-heavy, did you have to be more rigid with your shot choices compared to Safe House and Easy Money?

I decided not to be limited by that. That’s why I built the whole ship. I come from locations. On a movie like Safe House, I did not shoot at the studio. I wanted real locations, so I could hear the sounds of the cars outside.

When I was going to do this movie, I thought I could not do this green screen. I can’t do this limited. I have to kind of build this space ship, so what I did was constructed this sort of console with sounds of the ship. I would get that feeling in my headphones, so I could pretend I was at least on a space ship. I would do my shots as I wanted. I think green screen is a great disease of our time.

Why do you think that?

It’s claiming our reality doesn’t affect us as characters. You know, who we are as human beings, we are powered by what’s around, what we see around us. If you stand in a white room, you might be a different person from when you stand in a room filled with stuff. Those things can remind you of your past, who you want to be. That’s why I think we all love those movies from the ’70s. We feel the reality. They’re shot on the streets.

And you feel less like you have to suspend your disbelief because you’re seeing real people in real locations.

Yes, yes, exactly. Visual effects are so tricky. When you do them, you really try to make something that’s credible, but you know from watching movies, going back to movies you thought were great, 10 years later they can look awful.

Da gebe ich ihm natürlich voll und ganz recht. Und ein weiterer Grund mir diesen Film anzusehen.

< antworten >