Thema:
Eurogamer.net empfiehlt es flat
Autor: Lynne
Datum:21.10.20 15:21
Antwort auf:ScourgeBringer 16.99€ Game Pass / Demo erhältlich von Lynne

[https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-10-21-scourgebringer-review-another-roguelite-thats-well-worth-your-love]

ScourgeBringer is wonderfully horrible and beautiful sci-fi. You are a white-haired force of nature billowing around a series of perfectly poky 2D chambers. The chambers fill with waves of attackers, which you chew through in order to unlock the various exits. The chambers themselves connect up to form realms, each capped with mini-bosses and then a mega boss known as a Judge. Beyond that, more realms, with their own twists. Ice? Tofu walls? A surprisingly brilliant reference to the classic cartoon Duck Amuck? Fail, and it's back to the start.

Because this is a Roguelite, outside of the action, in between failures, you get to spend Judge Blood on an upgrade tree. I will be honest: it's slow going at first, which makes the early hours with ScourgeBringer an extremely steep challenge. But soon you are unlocking new moves, extra health, starting bonuses and all sorts of stranger things. The smash attack levels to become something I wish I could take with me to the supermarket.

Lynne

< antworten >