Thema:
Re:VG24/7: How RDR2 nails OW discovery where GoT fails flat
Autor: Lynne
Datum:28.07.20 09:51
Antwort auf:VG24/7: How RDR2 nails OW discovery where GoT fails von Kilian

>"Part of it is down to the map design itself. Red Dead Redemption 2 is peppered with landmarks. Train lines circulate through the world like arteries. Lonely trees mark distant hills. Dirt roads loop and intertwine with riverbeds and canyons. Every town you visit has its own character, and so do the biomes that surround them. I can trace a path in my mind from the arid west to the industrial east of Rockstar’s map.
>
>When I think about Tsushima’s world, I see impressive imagery – vast golden forests, colourful springs, fireflies dancing around lonely graveyards – but I can’t picture where any of it is in relation to anything else. The only parts of the map I can picture the precise location of in my mind are the chokepoints – those artificial necks that separate the map and split the story into acts.
>
>It isn’t just a lack of identifiable landmarks that orient the player, though. It’s a lack of memorable things to find."

>
>[http://www.vg247.com/2020/07/27/red-dead-redemption-2-vs-ghost-of-tsushima/]
>
>Klar, Budget und Manpower dürften bei RDR2 und GoT sehr unterschiedlich gewesen sein. Aber dennoch ein gutes Beispiel wie wichtig das Design der Welt selbst ist, siehe auch BotW. Was das angeht, haben die meisten OW-Spiele mMn immer noch viel Luft nach oben...

Das könnte ja auch einfach eine bewußte Design-Entscheidung sein bzw. ist vielleicht auch den verschiedenen Zeitepochen und den abgebildeten Landschaften geschuldet.

Man kann auch echt immer alles zu Tode analysieren ...

Lynne

< antworten >