Thema:
Zusammenfassung... flat
Autor: Kilian
Datum:04.12.19 17:35
Antwort auf:Switch Version ist wohl ein grandioser Port von Derrick

Kenne das Spiel nicht - spätestens jetzt werde ich es mir definitiv genauer anschauen! :)

Btw, wird es das nur digital oder auch in Retail-Form geben?

Hier übrigens die wichtigsten Teile des DF-Textes:

"What if I told you that Feral Interactive's Switch port of Alien Isolation is actually better than the PS4 and Xbox One versions? It's a remarkable conversion of a brilliant game - one of the finest survival horror action games of this generation. (...)

While the PS4 and Xbox One versions are locked at 1080p, the Switch version is substantially cleaner in motion. This is due to a reliance on more modern accumulation temporal anti-aliasing. This approach massively reduces in-surface aliasing and edge shimmering to the point where it looks flat out better than the original console release. (...)

There are other factors beyond rendering effects. Audio is critical to the Isolation experience - especially surround sound. A lot of recent Switch games have strangely omitted this option entirely, dropping back to stereo sound only. That's not the case here - Isolation takes full advantage of the Switch's surround sound capabilities and the good news is that the sound quality is on par with the PlayStation 4 version. (...) Most importantly, the frame-rate in general is very consistent. It targets 30 frames per second and delivers an even 33ms throughout most of the game. (...)

The icing on the cake is the inclusion of extra features on Switch. Firstly, this version includes all DLC released for the original game, so it's content complete out of the box. Secondly, it also includes the option to use motion aiming - but only when aiming your pistol or using the motion tracker. This is a stroke of genius as it doesn't require you to worry about hand positioning during normal exploration but when you bring up one of those tools, suddenly you can take advantage of it. It feels great.

So, yes, the Switch port is glorious overall but beyond that, its arrival reminds me of just how brilliant this game was - and still is. It remains one of my favourite games of the generation: a perfect blend of exploration, horror, action and resource management. It is akin to a System Shock-lite experience in many ways and I love it. The new Switch version just happens to be a great excuse to revisit the game."

Text:
[http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-alien-isolation-on-switch-is-the-best-console-version-of-the-game]

Video:
[http://youtu.be/u8kvSGUwAyc]

< antworten >