Trailer und Entwickler-Vorstellungsvideo flat
Autor: hoover2701
Datum:30.08.19 14:09
Antwort auf:KSP 2 von hoover2701

Trailer:
[https://youtu.be/P_nj6wW6Gsc]

Vorstellungsvideo der Entwickler:
[https://youtu.be/2wmJlnTqjSg]

KSP2 wird nicht von SQUAD entwickelt, die werden weiterhin KSP1 supporten und weiterentwickeln. Neues Entwicklungsstudio ist Star Theory. Sind aber, so wie es aussieht, alle selber voll die KSP-Nerds und auch teilweise alte SQUAD-Mitarbeiter.

Heute sollen angeblich noch neue Gameplayvideos von der PAX West kommen. Ich bin schon sehr gespannt. Leute, die auf der PAX West Interviews machen konnten, waren von dem Mitgeteilten sehr angetan.

#kerbalspaceprogram2 #ksp2 INFO DUMP! Just got out of a meeting with 8 other content creators at Star Theory. Here are the notes I took. Disclaimer: Phrasing my own. Allow a margin of interpretation error just in case.

- Modding: A major priority of development. Tools are being developed right now using Lua but the language isn't necessarily final. PQS+ has a ton of hooks for custom tools.
- NO DRM on single player KSP. Can't comment on DRM for multi-player - still working on how account auth flows will work.
- The entire simulation core has been rewritten. Multithreading has been addressed but I won't get into it because people define it differently. Way fewer bottlenecks, much more optimized is the idea.
- There is no plan to introduce premium currencies, loot boxes, other "freemium" sort of stuff. The plan is to stick to KSP1's content release style.
- Note on the trailer: Everything in that trailer is an in game asset. The engine shown at the beginning around the mun is metallic hydrogen and a bridge tech between the KSP1 and KSP2 technologies.
- Kerbin's overall geography is the same. Other planets have had facelifts to give additional geographic history. The kerbin system has the same bodies. The game engine now allows for axial tilts.
- Overall design philosophy behind terrain: "No two landing sites should feel the same." Also - moonlight shadows. Small but cool.
- How many new systems: "Multiple." Sorry guys, I tried
- You can now create rockets in individual sections and piece them together. Yay QOL! There is also blueprint style build mode that makes placing and aligning parts easier. The VAB is overall much much larger.
- Binary. Planets. At least possible with modding, we didn't see any official systems other than kerbin, but the potential was demoed.
- On ease of access: Relax, this is still Kerbal, it hasn't been dumbed down at all. Seriously, it is in great hands. The UI and new user experience is totally redone. Tutorials are fully guided and even animated, sort of in a Hitchhiker's Guide style. It looked cool.
- The new Maneuever element on the HUD is a 3D representation of your ships orientation in regards to prograde, normal, etc. Useful.
- Colonies: You can build anywhere you can land. You don't need flat ground. Colonies are built, not grown, and will need resources supplied in order to build Colony buildings and any rockets/vehicles you build at them.
- Colony population does not grow over time. Colonists are brought in manually. Colonists also - ahem - multiply when you accomplish something and give them a reason to celebrate. Bottom line is you can't fast forward to grow population.
- Colonies are meant to be springboards for deeper exploration. Orbital Colonies are great places to build interstellar rockets and move past the Kerbol system.
- PC optimization comes first in development. Consoles need additional attention to make them feel native and not like a port, but that is important to them. Console players, you are a priority and you'll get love. They know the problems with KSP1 console.
- Much higher part counts are going to be available but they can't give numbers at this stage of development.
- Kerbals experience force! You can see it in their portraits and cockpit view. They even black out. And scream and flail in terror. They're much more animated and expressive, and have emotes you can use as well.
- Planet rings have big rocks. Felt a bit like Elite, was pretty cool.

Bottom line-- Going in I was afraid that like so many sequels it would be "streamlined" by stripping away elements. It's absolutely not the case. This is Kerbal. Breathe easy. We were on the same page with all questions and concerns (and our group had a lot). They got this.
Also: SO MANY THANKS to @KerbalSpaceP for putting this together. Man, it was so cool. Absolutely a treat.
Ooh, addendum-- explosions will be different in space or in atmo, whether tanks are full or empty. To quote: "Every explosion should be a special snowflake." I KNOW RIGHT
Matt PAX West (Hi Seattle!)‏ @badnewsbaron 28m28 minutes ago

< antworten >