Thema:
In Textform flat
Autor: membran
Datum:21.03.19 10:33
Antwort auf:Giant Bomb Podcast dazu von sad

Auf /r/games hatte jemand Gerstmanns Aussagen leicht verkürzt in Textform gepostet.

"There's something offputting about this whole thing. It's exciting, in a way. A lot of new game designs and ideas are available to developers when you start unloading that stuff onto the internet.

There's just something very dark about all this. As someone who's been playing games for a long time, I'm left a little shook. My whole body clenched up watching parts of that (Stadia announcement).

There's something scary about handing Google — or any one company — the keys. The minute you're streaming, they can shut it off whenever they want and wherever they want for a variety of reasons.

It checks so many boxes for a dark future. Along with checking boxes for 'Oh, there's a lot of exciting potential here.' I'm so torn. But there's a feeling in the pit of my stomach that feels bad. I can't quite articulate why, but this feels like dark cyberfuture in the bad way and the good way.

I don't know that this is an old man thing. I'm totally up for this. Any game, anywhere, any screen, let's do it. That's awesome. That's fun, that's cool. Get rid of player limits? Let's do it. That part I'm super stoked.

Maybe it's just the part where it's Google.
"

< antworten >