Thema:
Gedanken von Gamesindustry.biz dazu... flat
Autor: Kilian
Datum:20.03.19 14:57
Antwort auf:Stadia: Google steigt ins Videospiele-Geschäft ein von Kilian

Brendan Sinclair
"I expect Google will try the business models publishers are already comfortable with. Buy a game á la carte for roughly the same price as other platforms, or subscribe to a Netflix-style service populated by indies and AAA catalogue titles. Any kind of frontline AAA games will have to be made by Stadia Games and Entertainment, or come through deals Google makes on a product-by-product basis. (...) I'm generally turned off by the pitch of building the platform around "watching games" as much as "making games." Social media and influencer culture seems so broken for both the creators and the audience these days that I'm not thrilled to see a major player like Google trying to tie it inextricably to the heart of the games industry."

Rebekah Valentine
"How will Google monetise this technology after spending years putting it together? How will developers and publishers make money, and how will consumers be paying them that money? Will that model be radically different from anything we've seen before, or the same old pricing models we've come to expect from hardware platforms and PC storefronts? (...) Google's Stadia isn't (so far) a storefront at all. But it is, alongside several other things, a PC platform through which users can access games."

Matthew Handrahan
"The moment where a single session on Assassin's Creed made a seamless transition from laptop, to mobile, to tablet, to high-definition television, with the time between single-click launch and active gameplay promised at five seconds or less? That's where Google had me in its grip. We all expected this announcement to be a cloud gaming service, and while there are a great many questions still to answer (there were always going to be), this is very much the technology I was hoping to see. This is the kind of elastic, open future for gaming that I believe we should be working towards, regardless of whether every one of Google's promises can be fulfilled at launch. But let's be clear: I don't believe Google will fulfill every one of its promises at launch, or even within a year of launch. (...) If Google does persevere, then my concern is very much with PlayStation. (...) Amazon should be expecting Sony's call any minute now."

Chris Dring
"Are consumers going to spend $60 on streaming individual games? It seems unlikely. They might be inclined towards a Netflix-style subscription model, but you wouldn't expect the big AAA publishers to put their latest titles in there. Any subscription service will probably be a mix of exclusives and legacy games, and in that area you really would have to back Xbox and Project xCloud, considering its wealth of studios, back-catalogue content, and growing base of Game Pass subscribers."

Mehr unter [http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-03-20-roundtable-google-stadias-gdc-showing-failed-to-address-its-biggest-obstacles]

< antworten >