Thema:
Review bei The Verge klingt großartig!! flat
Autor: Kilian
Datum:19.04.18 12:59
Antwort auf:Nintendo Labo - The King of Papp von Rapier

"Labo is an experience where creating and building are just as much fun as playing."

Zum Labo-Erlebnis:
"Only Nintendo could make folding cardboard fun. (...) But there’s also an educational element. Labo not only allows you to build things like a cardboard piano, but it also gives you a peek behind the curtain into how these strange accessories actually work. This is coupled with a more freeform “garage” mode, where you can use a rudimentary programming language to create your own interactions and design your own Labo kits from scratch. The whole thing is wrapped up with the distinctive Nintendo charm, which makes repeatedly rolling tiny pieces of cardboard somehow feel fun.

The tagline for Labo is “make, play, and discover.” Each of these elements is an equally important part of the experience, but the most impressive aspect of Labo is how the lines between the three blur. You play as you build, you discover as you play, and it’s a blast no matter what you’re doing. (...)

For an adult, the building process can be a bit tedious at times, though not especially challenging. But with a kid, the experience takes on a new dimension. I found building Labo kits with my kids to be much more intuitive and collaborative than, say, putting together a Lego set. Part of this is due to the instructions, which are wonderfully playful. The game will regularly remind you to take breaks, and even make jokes when things get repetitious."

Zur Toycon Garage (visuelles Programmieren):
"This all comes to a head with a somewhat hidden feature that’s actually the most powerful tool available in Labo. Tucked away at the bottom of the screen in the discover section is (...) the Toy-Con Garage where you can build your own creations and games. At the heart of this is a simplified and very visual programming language. (...)

You can test these things out immediately as you put them together, and the process of adding them and moving them around with a fingertip is much easier to grasp than punching code into a computer. The idea is that you can use these functions to create new ways of playing with the Toy-Con you’ve built — or even build new ones altogether. (...)

Each of the Labo kits also comes with a number of extra pieces that you can use to build new Toy-Con, though there’s really no reason you can’t use other cardboard or really anything for that matter. (...) But for kids, it’s also a gateway into this world. My daughter had a lot of fun figuring out how to turn a fishing rod into a musical instrument, and a gun that makes clapping sounds when you fire it. They’re useless, sure, but the act of making them was fun. This creative element is where the real power of Labo lies."

Zur Stabilität
"After five days with Labo, it’s impossible to say whether cardboard accessories will hold up for the long term. But I have been surprised with how durable the Toy-Con have been so far — especially with two not-especially-gentle kids having their way with them. So far, the only issues I’ve run into are a button on the piano that gets squashed when pressed too hard (I reinforced it with tape, and it works perfectly now) and a string popping out of the fishing rod after some intense sessions. These issues were both simple to fix, but I’ve been really impressed by Labo’s tutorials, which really go in-depth on how to repair your cardboard creations should something break."

[http://www.theverge.com/2018/4/18/17253574/nintendo-labo-review-switch-learning-diy]

Mann, warum kommt das bei uns eigentlich erst in einer Woche und nicht auch schon morgen!? Klingt wirklich super!! :)

EDIT: Aus dem Nintendo-FAQ
[http://www.nintendo.co.uk/games/oms/labo/img/faq/make_howold_01.jpg]

D.h. das Variety Kit bietet alleine schon etwa 10 Stunden Aufbauspaß, ohne Berücksichtigung der späteren Spielzeit oder etwaigen Toycon Garage-Experimenten. Nicht schlecht! :)

< antworten >