Thema:
Noch welche von Verge flat
Autor: Sahasrahla
Datum:18.01.18 00:41
Antwort auf:Erste Spieleindrücke von Rapier

[https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/17/16900496/nintendo-switch-labo-cardboard-diy-accessories-announced-price-release-date]

"The first thing I built was a simplified RC car that looked a bit like a cardboard insect. The instructions displayed on the Switch screen took me through every detail of the process, and everything slotted together as it should.

Then came the “play” aspect of Labo. Each of the Toy-Con accessories has an associated interactive experience that involves the Joy-Con controllers. For the car, you place the controllers into slots on both sides of the cardboard construction. The Switch tablet becomes the controller; using the touchscreen, you’re able to make the left and right Joy-Con vibrate, effectively steering the cardboard car around. The controls aren’t the most accurate, and it was tough to get the car exactly where I wanted to go, but it was a lot of fun just moving this seemingly simple piece of cardboard around a table.

Constructing the fishing rod is a slightly more involved endeavor. It took me about 15 minutes to build from start to finish, and it featured some surprisingly intricate parts, including an extendable rod, which connects to a cardboard Switch stand via a piece of string, and as a reel that you can actually turn. You slot one Joy-Con into the base of the rod, and another into the reel. The associated mini-game, naturally, involves going fishing. You can lower your line deeper and deeper into the water by turning the reel forward, and you’ll feel a vibration when you get a bite. Once you’ve got a fish on the line, you can start reeling it in. You’ll also need to move the line back and forth to ensure it doesn’t snap. The game is simple, but also impressive; I had no issues with the responsiveness of the controls, either when it came to moving the rod around or reeling in a fish. It just worked, and it was a blast — especially as you catch bigger fish like sharks and rays near the bottom of the ocean.

The most remarkable of the lineup of Labo accessories I saw was a functional 13-key cardboard piano. It’s a much more complicated creation — I didn’t get to build one myself, instead testing a pre-assembled version — that includes moving keys and a slider that can alter the piano’s pitch. To make it work, you slot a Joy-Con into a hole in the back of the piano. You can then see all of the same keys on the Switch’s screen, and as you press the cardboard keys, the associated ones on the Switch will also be pressed and make a sound. As with the fishing rod, I had no issues with responsiveness, even when I mashed all of the keys together at the same time. There are even tiny cardboard knobs, separate from the slider, that you can slot into to completely alter what sounds come out. One turns the on-screen keys into a choir of cute meowing cats."

< antworten >