Thema:
Input Lag, HDMI 2.0: not any 4K TV will do. flat
Autor: membran
Datum:25.01.16 13:25
Antwort auf:Re:So sieht der Spass dann in 4K aus von Vern Schillinger

>Oder man lässt den Gsync-Monitor weg und schließt es an den bereits vorhandenen 4kTV an, dann zahlt man nur noch ca 1700.

Tja, wenn man den richtigen TV hat. Aus einem Artikel von 2015 (man ignoriere die Aussage, dass fast alle Konsolenspiele für 60fps designed wären)
[http://www.cnet.com/news/should-you-get-a-4k-tv-for-gaming/]

Not just any 4K TV will do, either. Most of the early 4K TVs, the ones you might be able to pick up ultracheap, used the older HDMI 1.4 connection standard. HDMI 1.4 maxed out at 3,840x2,160 at 30 frames per second. That's not too bad, but probably not as smooth as you're used to. Nearly all console games were designed to run at 60fps, for example, even at the expense of resolution and other factors.

Nearly all 4K TVs this year are HDMI 2.0, which ups the max 4K framerate to 60. True, you might try to pick up one of the very, very few 4K TVs with DisplayPort, but then you're buying a TV based solely on its inputs, and that's probably not the best idea. (Shouldn't picture quality be first?)

For that matter, does your current video card have HDMI 2.0? Probably not (few do, at the moment), but getting a new video card is likely to happen a lot sooner than replacing your TV.

Input lag

If you're a medium-to-hardcore gamer, you need to care about input lag. It has a huge effect on your scores, and if you're like me, your enjoyment of a game.

Input lag is how long it takes for the TV to generate an image, adding time to when you press a button, and when that action occurs on screen. When you see something on screen, an enemy appearing around a corner for instance, input lag increases the amount of time before you can react to it.

Personally, switching from a low-input-lag display (the Sony HW40ES projector) to a high-input-lag display ( JVC DLA-X35 ) meant that on Battlefield 4 and Hardline I went from mid- and upper-mid pack for scores per round (I ain't as good as I once was...), to the bottom 30 percent. Tripling the lag did nothing for my diminishing skills.

Some 4K TVs have pretty good input lag (40ms range), but few are as fast as the fastest 1080p TVs (or many computer monitors). In the end, you may have a more limited selection of brands or models if you want 4K and low input lag.

< antworten >