Thema:
Rock Paper Shotgun review: "Trials 2014" flat
Autor: membran
Datum:25.04.14 10:56
Antwort auf:Trials Fusion [Multi] von Lynne

[http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/04/22/wot-i-think-trials-fusion/]

Auszüge:

Zum Intro im Vergleich zu Evo:

Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring! If anything epitomises the difference between the two games, it’s that. The tone of Fusion is all wrong, flinging it into the far future where everything is just a bit more ordered and everything is commentated on by two ‘snarky’ announcers who I had to silence because each line of dialogue is hateful. There’s nothing like a track with a stone hand crawling out of the swamp, there’s no rap, no D-Day themed level.

... it’s still one of the most torturously wonderful games you’ll ever play. It’s as tightly made as Trackmania, but with added head trauma.

Zum Tricksystem:
Pulling a pose tends to just flail things around without any hope of hitting what you’re attempting to do, and though that might fit into the game’s struggle with physics, it’s so loose and awkward that it undermines that skillset it’s attempting to build on. There are levels dedicated to this farce [...]

Fazit
I do like Trials Fusion, but I don’t adore it and want to have little dirt-bike babies with it. It won’t become a game I stick on to just enjoy after this review is done (I’m redownloading Evolution as write this).

It’s almost too slick now, while at the same time being less useful: Evolution gave detailed stats about each bike’s capabilities, but Fusion explains it all in a line of text; and there’s only local multiplayer. It’s starting to feel a little like a franchise and not the labour of love it originally was. It’s more like Trials 2014 than a expansive and well-thought out sequel.

< antworten >