Thema:
Re:Nunja... flat
Autor: Clubmaster
Datum:03.09.10 23:53
Antwort auf:Re:Nunja... von suicuique

>Aua, das hoert sich ja boese an.
>Naja ich lass mal meine Vorbestellung noch laufen aber erwarten tu ich mir nix.
>
>gruß
>
>P.S Cataclysm CE ab heute bei Amazon.uk vorbestellbar.

Danke für den Tip, natürlich gleich Knöpfchen gedrückt. Hier auch nochmal etwas ausführlichere Impressionen von jemandem, der bereit war da mehr Mühe rein zu investieren als ich. Deckt sich alles bis auf's I-Tüpfelchen mit meinen Erfahrung, wobei der Typ mehr gesehen hat als ich. Seinen Elan hab' ich nicht. Gut geschrieben auch und nicht einfach nur polemisch.

"I've been playing for 2 days now in beta, about 20h, heres my thoughts.

1. The UI: The lack of hotkeys for things such as inventory, character stats, ect is incredibly unhelpful. The UI requires the constant clicking of a button off to the far bottom right to get anything done, and this button doesnt seem to have a hotkey assigned to it either. The UI lags, often, and when your doing something that can require about 10 seperate windows, this is a noticable annoyance. It doesn't save anything, every time you switch your class you have to completely redo all your stats, skills, bar setup, everything, everytime, as a example making it incredibly annoying to harvest while out on a battle levy, unless your willing to macro EVERYTHING. The Tab target select is broken the majority of the time, selecting your character, nearby friendly characters, seemingly everything before it targets the mob attacking you, which should be prioritized. Lasty, the software mouse is very ineffective compared to a hardware mouse, any you rely on it to do almost everything since theres no keyboard shortcuts or trustable tab targetting.
Gameplay: I'll Divide this up a bit.

2. Combat: Combat feels sticky, I found myself constantly hammering keys trying to make my character attack as soon as a attack ended but it seems theres always a pause between what you select and when your character figures out what you want done. There's very little variation in the mobs, in the early zones be prepared to kill nothing but squirels, rats til your level 10, then you can move on to another single enemy type. Mobs are few and far between a almost 5pc:1mob ratio, heavily competed for by lots of other combat oriented characters, making it very long and tedious to level after you've hit your levi limit. Agro is inconsistant, Sometimes mobs will attack you, sometimes they won't, I've stood infront of a mob literally touching it for maybe 30s it didn't care, later I was fighting a rat for a levi, and the same mob type agro'd on me to seemingly defend the mob, why would a level 15 mob come to a completely diffrent level 1 mob's aid from a considerable distance? Targeting things quickly makes healing a group extremely hard, coupled with the lag of choosing abilities, more often then not people are going to die. Alot of abilities dont seem to make sense, Take Puncture, it lets you hit multiple mobs (in theory) that are in a EXACT line, do they honestly expect you to line up multiple targets well into a fight with these controls?

3. Crafting: Way to complicated. Without doubt this is the most complicated crafting system i've ever seen in a MMO. The simplest of weapon/armor patterns regularly require anywere between 3-6 other crafters making the parts for you to assemble anything. The game has no recipe book to see what you can make, what your qualified to make, or what you've made. There's noticable lag between every step of the crafting. The only way at all i've found to level is to use levi's, however there few and far between, there's a lack of levi's for level 1 craftman, the bulk of them seem to be level 5 which are garanteed fails until your atleast level 3. Unless your playing something easy like a cook, you can forget leveling it yourself. The Lack of a AH further makes the system hell since theres no way to aquire the peices from the other crafters, nor do the crafters have anyway of knowing what to make that other crafters need as theres again no recipe books. Further complicating things is alot of base materials you need to make anything basic such as Arrowshafts, Nuggets, Wood Boards, all require special training from guilds the game makes no attempt what so ever to tell you how to get, nor does any levi award them.

4. Direction: This is the games most fatal flaw, it tells you NOTHING. You will literally spend hours just writing notes to yourself trying to decifier many of the systems. I've made pages and pages of notes, trying to figure out the base theorys the game operates behind, and for every question I answer I end up with atleast 5 more, It's no word of lie I have about a 100+ questions at the moment noone seems to know. What do the stats affect? How should I spread them out?(theres over 5 diffrent archer theories alone) How do I repair? Do npcs have quests? What is my actual goal in this game?(tutorial ends and you have no strings to follow) Tons of questions I can't answer despite tons of research. The tutorial is a complete joke, just the random walking around and fafing about you'll do completing it will teach you far more thru trial and error and self help then the tutorial itself taught you. It makes no attempt to teach a single thing about crafting, combat abilties, trade, interaction beyond emotes, how to buy/sell, NOTHING. It teaches you how to use your most basic attack repeatly, emote, and what the crystals that teleport you are, thats it, it doesnt even tell you what to do if you DIE, I spent 10m randomly clicking thru my UI trying to figure out how the hell you release, finally by sheer accident I found it was Return.

5. Social: If this exists, I didn't see it. People talking at all is incredibly rare. The lack of any trade chat, zone wide channels, OOC channel, ANYTHING that people can use to communicate and ask questions, sell products, or even recruit seem entirely absent. Relying on nothing but /say which has a range of about 20 yards as your only form of communication outside of whispers is insane. And yes I know about linkshells, getting one is nearly impossible for reasons above mentioned. It honestly feels like your playing a single player game with computers running around randomly attacking mobs.

6. Questing: Your aloud to do 8 quests, called Levi's every 48h, these on average take about 15m each. Meaning your going to run out of quests fast, and once you do, it grinding time. The quests are always a simple kill x mobs, mine x mines, craft x swords, there is nothing else to it then that. However theres no indicator's who has a quest, who you talk to for a quest, or were a quest npc even is alot of the time. Reading the journal will usually give you a name or a vague location, which I hope you know for is, example: A npc told me to go to a ship (name I forget) there'd be a npc there to give me materials to make axes, now this ship wasn't on the map, I had to physically go to each ship, ofcource he was nowere to be found on any ship, he was actually on a dock, far from the ship near the fishing guild, it took me almost 20m to find the character because of the vague directions and lack of any chat channels to request his location.

Lastly...

7. The GFX: Easily the best gfx i've ever seen in a mmo, while i'm on a brand new PC and could run it on highest, I did so noticing that my pc was nearly maxed out attempting to do this, in the city or Lar.. we'll call it Seaport, In area's of lots of people it still lags or there's load in a considerable amount of time later. Simply, I feel the gfx requirements are simply to high for this game, This is one of the few things the game has going for it and most people would be forced to play on lower resolutions and settings.

8. The Sound: Lack of dialog, and in places like Seaport, dialog is desperatly needed, since everyone talks in pirate its incredibly annoying trying to read huge blocks of the text sounding out what the hell their trying to say. This is more of a matter of personal opinon here, but the soundtrack got old quick, the city soundtrack to be exact, when all your doing is walking between destinations you can't help but focus on it often."

< antworten >