Thema:
OXM: 8,5 flat
Autor: Ethers T
Datum:12.10.09 11:47
Antwort auf:Borderlands - The RPG and FPS mada a baby von Ethers T

[http://img340.yfrog.com/img340/6835/70z.jpg]

[http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=75248]

Ein paar Fanboys in den Gearbox-Foren ist das natürlich (NATÜRLICH!!!) zu wenig. Daraufhin kommentiert das... tja, ich weiß nicht recht, wer, und finde auch den Link nicht, aber hier isses trotzdem:

Respect the reviewers, guys. It's their job to give us their honest opinions, and you can give yours, but keep the respect. This is a new kind of game. I would expect a lot of the reviewers to not understand exactly every decision made.

Diablo has no difficulty settings because a well balanced action RPG autobalances to the player. If it's too hard, do some side quests, get some better gear, level up a little, then suddenly it's not so hard. If it's too easy, move fast, skip the side quests, move forward, and it'll get harder. This was always the design, and frankly we fully expected this and the save game to be complaints in reviews. Why? Simple. Go back and read a bunch of early Diablo 2 reviews. Top 2 complaints of the best game ever made were:

1. Sure wish I could save anywhere and badguys wouldn't respawn.
2. Sure wish we could set difficulty levels.

Looking back, it's obvious why they didn't do these things, but at the time it was confusing to lots of people. We made the same choices for the same reasons, and expected the same reactions.

Mordecai's pistol skills really go nuts when he gets the revolvers, by the way. And, as promised, we don't force you down a weapon path based upon character. As we said time and time again, you don't HAVE to use a pistol as Mordecai, but if you do there are skills that make it worthwhile. The pistols didn't suit this reviewer, so he decided to use shotguns. Maybe he wasn't lucky and never found a really good pistol.

As designer, I'm really happy to see that he found the path he was taking not exactly to his desires, and instead of starting over, modified his version of Mordecai to be a shotgun/sniper instead of Pistol/sniper and it worked out for him. That's how it was designed. If he had stuck with pistols, maybe it would have clicked for him like it has so many around here. Who can say?

Hell, my favorate weapon combo in Diablo 2 is a Necromancer with a bow. You think I'm going to prevent shotgun Mordecai?

In the end, though, whatever the number, he says it's a great game. Who am I to argue?

--

Da ich Diablo II oder sonstige Lootwhore-Games (eine Bezeichnung, die ich nur so aufgeschnappt habe und einfach mal wertungsfrei nachplappere) nicht gespielt habe, bin ich echt gespannt, ob mich das Spiel dann auch packen kann. Ich mein, rumballern schön und gut, der Look passt und mit meinen acht bis zehn Lieblingswummen aus einer 300-Millionen-Auswahl reihenweise degenerierte Irre erschießen, das klingt auch nach Spaß. Bin gespannt.

< antworten >