Thema:
Entwickler melden sich zu Wort flat
Autor: RouWa
Datum:27.09.09 17:43
Antwort auf:World Tour-Bug? von RouWa

>Das Spiel schmeißt mich nach Beendigung des vierten Rennens (Spa) direkt ins PS3-Dashboard?! Bereits das zweite Mal hintereinander. Die vier Rennen gelten nach einem Neustart als "noch nicht gefahren", aber die Sterne, die ich vor dem Abbruch eingefahren habe, werden angezeigt und wurden auch meinem Konto gutgeschrieben.
>
>[http://www3.pic-upload.de/27.09.09/pxgh1l8a3a4p.jpg]
>
>Ist wirklich super, dass das genau ein Rennen vor dem Ende passiert. :-(

Auf gtplanet.net haben sich die Entwickler angemeldet um Stellung zu nehmen:

First; I wanted to thank everyone who have taken the time to write down the various issues you've been having with the game. As promised, I've collated all the issues and sent them to the game team for them to review. Overnight they went through the list and gave me some feedback about the issues and some workarounds which might help you. The workarounds might not work for everyone so we can't guarantee they've work for everyone but we hope they do. I know a lot of gamers on here are PS3 but I've kept the PC ones in the thread in case anyone needs them

Need for Speed Shift FAQ

• My car bounces around the track during certain events.
We are looking into a potential fix as you read this; we will keep you updated when we have more info.

• My car won’t move from the Start Line!!!!!!
There is a workaround for this: if you are experiencing the issue in the Ford GT VS Viper SRT10 race then go into your garage and return any of your cars that you have tuned using the Advanced Tuning options back to their default states. Once you have done this turn off advanced tuning and perform a manual save. You should then be able to use the Viper in the invitational event. If you have bought either the Corvette or Viper and they fail to start then reset the advanced tuning options you have applied to that vehicle to default, then turn off advanced tuning and then perform a manual save.
We will find a better solution ASAP!

• My game hitches or “Microstutters” at regular intervals when I play the game on PC.
We are currently looking into this, however there are some steps you can take to attempt to reduce this. Firstly try changing your V-Sync setting (available by going into the Options menu, then going to Graphics then toggling the V-Sync issue) and seeing if that has an effect. Also try stopping as many background processes as possible and if you are using software that alters your desktop then you should disable this.

• My game hangs on the first corner of the first event!!
Rest assured we are looking into fixing this. In the meantime please try the following as this has been known to fix the issue for some players:
Try changing the Shadow Detail settings, if you have the shadow detail setting set to high, try dropping it down to medium or low, conversely if you have it set to low and are experiencing the issue then try bumping it up to medium or high.
Locate your save game directory which is located in My Documents\NFS SHIFT and delete the file called graphicsconfig.xml.
Windows XP/Vista users can attempt to run the game in Win 98 compatibility mode, to do this locate the games installation directory and right click the file called “shift.exe”. On the menu that pops up click on “Properties” then click on the “Compatibility” tab. In the “Compatibility Mode” pane tick the check box that reads “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” and in the drop down menu select “Win98 / WinME”.

• My game hangs on the Driver Safety screen when I boot up the game.
If you are running an older version of PhysX to what is installed on the disk either update to the version that comes on the game’s DVD or download the latest PhysX drivers from Nvidia’s website.

Try running the game in Win 98/ME compatibility mode in XP or if you are using Vista run the game in XP compatibility mode. We have found that this will fix the issue for the majority of players, however we are still investigating this issue and will update the thread when we have more news.

• My frame rate is very poor!
We are looking into this and will update the thread when we have more news, please keep the stickied ATI thread (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/304149.page) updated with your system spec’s as this can help us determine what hardware is affected. In the mean time trying the following may help increase your frame rate:
Ensure the Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic filtering settings in your graphics driver control panel are set to “Application Controlled”. For Nvidia users right click on the Nvidia icon in your system tray and select “Nvidia Control Panel” from the popup menu or run the nvcplui.exe file located in /WINDOWS/system32/. Click on “Manage 3D settings” in the left hand pane and in the right hand pane ensure Anisotropic filtering is set to “Application-controlled” and Antialiasing is also set to “Application-controlled”.
ATI users should right click the ATI icon in their system tray and select “Catalyst Control Centre” from the popup menu. When in the control centre click the “Graphics” button in the top left of the screen then select 3D from the drop down window. In the 3D window select the AA tab and ensure the “Use application settings” check box is ticked, then click on the AF tab and again ensure the “Use application settings” check box is ticked.
There are also some options in game that can be tweaked that can help increase the frame-rate. Below are the options that will have the greatest impact on performance.
You can lower the FSAA setting to 2x or 4x which should be adequate at higher PC resolutions.
Try setting the Filtering option to “Trilinear”, this will still use anisotropic filtering on the in-game objects that need it most and is an excellent quality/performance compromise setting.
Lowering the motion blur setting, medium should look fine on most systems.
Lowering the car detail setting.

• My screen has gone black/funny colours!!!!
If you see this issue change your graphics settings so that the Shadow Detail setting is set to off. Also try running the game in Win 98/ME compatibility mode in XP or if you are using Vista attempt to use XP compatibility mode. We will attempt to find a better solution.

My game hangs during the NFS Championship.
This will be fixed in an upcoming PS3 update. In the mean time not using the Zonda R in this competition will work round this issue.

• The high score tables aren’t working!
We are working with our online guys to get these back up and running as soon as we can.

• Why does PhysX give me an error when I install the game?
This is most likely because you have an older version of PhysX installed. Using the Add or Remove Programs feature in Control Panel ensure there are no instances of PhysX appearing in your list of installed applications. If there is an old version present then please remove it and re-run the installer. If you do not have any PhysX software installed and you are still seeing an error then install the latest version of the software available from the Nvidia website and re-run the installer.

• What’s up with tuning?
We are currently looking into this issue and hope to have a resolution soon. Please keep an eye on this thread for further updates.

• My steering wheel feels unresponsive
It is recommend that you set the wheel to 360 degrees of turning lock and 0% speed sensitivity. We also recommend that you do not set the steering lock to anything higher than 450 degrees without then also adjusting the lock settings for your car in the advanced setup screens. Using the Logitech control panel set the steering lock to 360 degrees, then in-game select the appropriate preset for the wheel. Also using the in-game options set the speed sensitivity to 0% and ensure the steering deadzone is set to 0%. We recommend this as a good starting point however you may want to spend some time tweaking these values to better suit your driving style.

< antworten >